The third day of training means  

RSS

chenyan94
Trusted Member
07/11/2019 2:29  

one thing. One giant http://www.thechargerslockerroom.com/authentic-ladainian-tomlinson-jersey , long-awaited thing: pads.As is tradition, the Chargers and the rest of the NFL, on their third day of training camp, bring out the pads and..." Latest NewsLos Angeles Chargers NewsChargers OffseasonNotes from Day 3 of Chargers training campNew,24commentsPDTThe third day of training means one thing. One giant, long-awaited thing: pads.As is tradition, the Chargers and the rest of the NFL, on their third day of training camp, bring out the pads and have their first full-contact practice of the new league year.But before we break into the notes and observations from today, I thought I’d share the quick notes that Daniel Jeremiah had after him and the folks from NFL Network stopped by to watch practice yesterday morning.For the most part, they’re pretty straight-forward. The one that does catch my eye, however Womens Jatavis Brown Jersey , is the note on Artavis Scott. Scott was a preseason standout last year before he was lost for the season after a severe lower-body injury. It looks like he’s come back for limelight as he’s put together a run of solid practices, including today.Anthony Lynn noted that Watt, who had shoulder surgery this off-season, was held out today after claiming he was experiencing some soreness. Cantrell sitting out might come as a surprise, but one of my loyal followers who was at the practice, mentioned that Cantrell walked gingerly off the field following a catch he made over a defender. This is something to keep an eye on. If Cantrell can’t start looking like his 2018 preseason form, he might be on his way out of LA (as much as that pains me to say).This is good to see, and not terribly surprising following the placement of Jatavis Brown on the PUP list to start camp. White was the starter for the first three games in 2018 and could potentially win the starting strongside linebacker spot, but it’s worth mentioning that Uchenna Nwosu and White could potentially both be “starters” at that position, depending on what personnel they use (traditional SAM or OTTO).Just one day after ripping an 80-yard touchdown pass to WR Andre Patton, Tyrod Taylor was at it again, this time hitting WR Justice Liggins down the boundary line for another deep score.Taylor is killing it and honestly it makes me more excited than I have ever been for the preseason exhibitions. Yeah it’ll be fun to see Rivers and company for a drive or two Rayshawn Jenkins Jersey , but getting two plus quarters of Taylor slinging it will be the highlight of the month of August.It’s always amazing to see prospects not skipping a beat when they get to the pros. Adderley was a ball-hawk in college and displayed elite range on the back-end over and over again. He’s aggressive, which can obviously get him into trouble, but his instincts always out him in a position to get his hands on the ball.I cannot wait to see him in August.For the first two practices, Trent Scott and Sam Tevi split time at both left and right tackle almost evenly. In today’s practice, Scott spent most of his time on the left side while Tevi was in his more natural position on the right.However, Lynn made it clear after practice that they will continue to swap sides throughout future practices.It’s still not known how long the team will be without Russell Okung, but it could be well into the regular season. I guess we will find out the severity of the rehabilitation process if the team decides to sign any other offensive linemen within the next month.In what was probably the best quote from a Chargers player over these last few days, Derwin James told the media after practice that Thomas Davis is a “watchdog”. I also like the fact that James already views himself as a leader on this team, even as a second-year player.If anything, something like this just gets the juices flowing as you start to imagine how fiery the defense is going to be once they hit the field against the Indianapolis Colts in week one.I was also able to catch ESPN’s Eric Williams on the Twitter.com and he was gracious enough to answer my question on how the running backs are splitting the first team reps. Apparently, Austin Ekeler and Justin Jackson are getting equal reps while Detrez Newsome is also receiving snaps with the 1’s. This may really be a committee when September rolls around, but time will tell.

Don’t forget to follow me on twitter at @zonetracks as we continue to recap the opening practices of training camp. Trading a seventh-round pick for Jones prior to the 2017 season was very intriguing at the time since the only other quarterback besides Philip Rivers that Chargers fans were used to seeing was..." Latest NewsLos Angeles Chargers NewsChargers OffseasonChargers 90-in-90: QB Cardale JonesNew http://www.thechargerslockerroom.com/authentic-justin-jones-jersey ,4commentsPDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Chargers 90-in-90: QB Cardale JonesTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailPhoto by Ezra Shaw/Getty ImagesTrading a seventh-round pick for Jones prior to the 2017 season was very intriguing at the time since the only other quarterback besides Philip Rivers that Chargers fans were used to seeing was Kellen Clemens. Once the trade was done, members of the media were interested to see if this was the beginning of a new offensive blueprint designed by newly-hired head coach Anthony Lynn.After two full seasons, Jones has unfortunately found himself cozy on the practice squad with no real chance of making a meaningful impact with this team. Will he slowly slink away into obscurity, or will Jones soon find a new home where his talents could eventually be utilized?Basic InfoHeight: 6-5Weight: 250College: Ohio StateExperience: 3Years with team: 2Contract Status“Cardale Jones signed a 1 year, $645,000 contract with the Los Angeles Chargers, including an average annual salary of $645,000. In 2019, Jones will earn a base salary of $645,000, while carrying a cap hit of $645,000.” - Spotrac.comThe GoodJones offers a unique skill-set that teams can’t just find laying around in each year’s NFL Draft. At his size Womens Kyzir White Jersey , combined with his surprising movement skills, Jones has all the physical intangibles that a coach would want in their franchise quarterback.Nicknamed “12 gauge” coming out of Ohio State, it was Jones’ arm strength that made him such an enticing prospect. Prior to guys like the Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes and the Bills’ Josh Allen, the type of arm wasn’t seen in the NFL outside of maybe the Detroit Lions’ Matthew Stafford.Jones was in Buffalo with Coach Lynn during his 2016 rookie season and the Chargers were banking on that familiarity when they traded a conditional seventh-round pick for him during the 2017 preseason.The BadThe Jones project hasn’t come to fruition in the way Anthony Lynn probably hoped it would when they acquire the quarterback almost two years ago. He has yet to suit up in a regular season game since his rookie campaign and hasn’t spent much time outside of the practice squad. He only has 11 career pass attempts to his name with zero touchdowns and a single interception.With the team having just drafted quarterback Easton Stick in this year’s draft, the chances of Jones likely sticking around much longer went from slim to none. He serves no purpose at this point other than being a practice squad stash with some unique upside.Odds of making the roster/What to expect in 2019If the team decides to keep three quarterbacks on the roster, then I can see them keeping Jones on the practice squad. The Chargers don’t often keep more than two quarterbacks so I could easily see them bouncing Jones come the final cuts in August.As far as what to expect, he’ll either be irrelevant on the practice squad or not on the team at all.Fun Fact: After getting the starting nod in relief of injured-starter J.T. Barrett, Jones went on to help obliterate the Wisconsin Badgers in the 2014 Big Ten Championship Game 59-0. He would then go on to lead the team to the National Championship title after defeating #1-ranked Alabama in his second career start before trouncing the Oregon Ducks 42-20 in the College Football Playoff title game.Jones has also recently partnered with a member of the Ohio State football staff to open up a new gym in the Columbus area designed to help train young athletes.

RépondreQuote
Share:

En travaux

Veuillez Connexion ou Inscription